Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Three Wise Monkeys

This is a picture of the three wise monkeys. This rock formation is found just after you enter Goblin Valley State Park in Utah. I don't believe that this is a formation that has been sculpted by man. I may be wrong but it I just don't feel that it is. Partly because these goblins can be found in such abundance in the park and other areas where this particular formation, Entrada sandstone, is exposed. It does have the appearance of perhaps being sculpted intentionally but I'm just not sure that it is. It does have features that I often look for in a formation that has been sculpted by man however. These features are usually eyes, nose and mouth. Sometimes I will also find ears. Some sculptures that I have seen that are ancient are even full bodied. I don't have a good sample currently of a full bodied sculpture but I intend to sometime and will post one when I do. My next couple of posts will be landscape photos.

No comments: